Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Asianish


This dish was inspired partially by some Yakisoba my husband made for us on Saturday and then by what I had leftover in my fridge that needed used up. I was not sure it was going to turn out, but it ended up being really delicious and my kids devoured it! These amounts would feed about 3-4 adults.

1/2 lbs sage sausage (or try a different meat, that's just what I had in my fridge)
1/2 head cabbage chopped in strips
1/2 onion sliced
2 carrots peeled (then use the peeler to shave long strips off the carrot)
Sauce:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbs honey
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp corn starch

Crumble sausage and cook in a large skillet. Add vegetables and stir fry about 5 minutes. In a separate bowl combine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger. Pour over meat and vegetables, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes until vegetables are tender. Push the meat and vegetables to one side of the pan to get access to the sauce. Add cornstarch to the juice and stir in until smooth. Then stir the vegetables back in with the sauce. Serve over rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment