Friday, May 28, 2010

Daycare Drugging

So I'm sure I'm not the only mother who has been tempted to give their child Benedril or something to help get them to sleep. In fact I did give my daughter a very small amount when we were camping last summer, but I heard a story on the radio yesterday that I could hardly believe! An Ohio daycare worker was just found guilty of giving children at the daycare melatonin, a naturally occurring hormone that helps control sleep and wake cycles, at nap time! She hid it in Toostie Rolls! Yikes! I wonder if they have nap time in jail?

click here to read the whole story

1 comment:

  1. That is horrible and just another reason to avoid ever putting my kids in day care. Blah (ps i knew Ben from high school. Keep the good recipes coming! Love it!)

    ReplyDelete