Thursday, May 27, 2010

Post the First

My name is Holli. I am the mother of a beautiful 18 month girl and my second baby (a little boy) is due any day now. I don't know what this is going to be. A separate Blog from my personal one about my experiences as a mom and a wife and and the challenges and rewards associated with those jobs is maybe what this will turn into. We'll see!

Motherhood for me is:
  • Hugs and Kisses everyday
  • Listening to the same music from a toy over and over
  • Dancing to that music and shaking my booty
  • Putting off eating the piece of candy I want right now so I don't have to fight to get it away from my child
  • Napping during nap time
  • Waiting impatiently for her to wake up because I'm bored without her
  • Teaching her words like poo-poo and not being able to refrain from laughing too when she thinks flatulence is funny
  • Astonishment that a 15 month old can figure out how to use an iphone
  • Giving in and letting her watch Max and Ruby for the fifth time that day
  • Eating soggy cereal every morning because i keep getting up to get things, clean up spills, kiss boo-boos, etc.
  • Saying prayers, singing songs, hearing her say momma first thing when she wakes up, and loving someone so much it fills me up

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome blog! I have just now taken the time to sit down and look at blogs, and you mentioned this. You have so many neat ideas Holli. I think you should write a book. I am serious.

    i am excited to read this blog. I hope I can keep up.

    ReplyDelete